Friday, May 31, 2013

Simple Summery DIY: Homemade Strawberry-Flavored Vodka & Berry Tags!



Hey, friends—happy Friday! I know it's not officially summer yet but it sure feels like it, so I'm thinking it's time for us to start talking Summery DIYs! I always feel super crafty this time of year. I'm curious: Does that happen to you, too!? Well if so, I'm excited to share some simple projects with you that I'm totally loving this summer, starting with my Homemade Strawberry-Flavored Vodka! 

I've been making this berry-infused vodka for years. The procedure couldn't be easier. The length of the project depends on how strawberry-y you'd like your booze (I like to infuse the vodka for at least a week, but you can cut that down to 3 days or so if you're in a rush). Anyway, here's how you make it...





HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY VODKA
MAKES: about 4 cups 
4 cups vodka

1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
4 cups plain vodka (doesn't need to be anything fancy)


1. Put the strawberries and vodka in an airtight container. Refrigerate for 1 week, shaking once a day (or refrigerate at least 3 days).
2. Strain vodka into a clean airtight container; discard strawberries. Store vodka in the refrigerator up to 2 months. Use as you would plain vodka!



Homemade vodka is such a fabulous summer hostess gift, by the way! Here's an idea: Double the recipe (above) and keep a few bottles on hand for last-minute trips (so you don't show up empty handed). I made these little strawberry tags and tied them to swing-top bottles using bakers twine. You can download the tag template PDF here. Print out on regular paper or card stock, cut out the tags and customize as desired!


I hope you guys are as pumped for summer crafting and cooking as I am :) Anything in particular you're dying to make? I'd love to know! xox Erin


StumbleUpon

7 comments:

  1. Love this! What size bottle is that and where did you find yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kathy! This is a 8.5 oz Bormioli Rocco Flask from Sur La Table, actually. They're on sale right now for $3.96 online. Here's the link: http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-689950/Bormioli-Rocco-Pocket-Flasks xo Erin

      Delete
  2. Yuuuum! I wish it was strawberry season so I could make some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tags! Adorable. This is such a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Hillary! That means a lot :) Glad you enjoyed 'em—cheers!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back because I do make an effort to respond to every comment on F&F, cheers!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips